Friday, May 1, 2009

"Outdoors" by Us

There's a strange door over there
I don't know where it goes
Some say that it goes out there
to a place that can be called
Outdoors
Outdoors

Outdoors
This door took me out there,
Out there is outdoors where the outdoors is.
There's some grass on the ground and a tree over there
I don't know where I'll find you out here
Outdoors
Outdoors

There's a tree over there
I walked up to that tree
and I climbed up it.

I roamed the roads through the trees.
Trying to claim my place.
The one shelter that calls to me,
Whose woods I think I know.
What am I to do?...
Without the buffer I knew?
Is there more I can do?
Lost without you...

Where are you now,
when I need you most?
Suffocating through
Reality's host.
You said to look down,
when all was lost.
Where are you Lily?
Where are you now...
Where are you now...

Outdoors.
I climbed up that tree.
Up in the air with the ground below me.
My reflection in that tree over there,
What's he doing, in that tree?
The mirror...
In the tree over there,
That was outdoors.

Lilly, is that you?

There you go, guiding your wings rising as the sun,
Your petals bring hope, your petals bring strength
The strength to fight on

Even though our lives before were tragic
Now I know my love for her goes on
Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabies go on and on...
They never die
That's how you And I will always be

If there ever comes a day when I’m not there, I’ll always be with you. And so she was.
And we sat in the grass, smiling…remembering the pleasant memories.
Remembering Outdoors.

What is Lily's role to the speakers?
A) Microcosm for their former life
B) Symbol for protection
C) Creator of ignorance and pain
D) Catalyst to self-awareness
E) A happy illusion in their minds

No comments:

Post a Comment