Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Incubus- Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here lyrics
I dig my toes into the sand.
The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket.
I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless and in this moment I am happy.

[Chorus:]
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I wish you were here.

I lay my head onto the sand.
The sky resembles a backlit canopy with holes punched in it.
I'm counting u.f.o.’s.
I signal them with my lighter
and in this moment I am happy, happy.

[Chorus]

The world's a roller coaster and I am not strapped in.
Maybe I should hold with care, but my hands are busy in the air.

[Chorus]

The artist most clearly demonstrates his attitude through which line?
A. “I lean against the wind”
B. “I wish you were here”
C. “I signal them with my lighter”
D. “and I am not strapped in”
E. “but my hands are busy in the air”

No comments:

Post a Comment