Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sworn Path

Sworn Path
By: Me

This is my shaft.
This my soul.
My soul, my shaft.
My life crafted by you.
What do you want of me?
My faith in your hands.

Nock is my guide.
It controls my path.
It is my stabilizer; it is my prison.
Fletching joins the fight.
Two parts holding me down.
Keeping me still.

My head, my weapon.
My identity it would seem.

My faith has been sealed.
I’ve already been released.
Approaching the target.
I feel meaning. Freedom overtakes.
My greatest moment, my worst tragedy.
The target approaching.

Goals reached.
Mine or yours?
I’ve penetrated thou you call an enemy.
Death is but Faith’s game.
Murder is but Society’s game.
I am society.
Murder in me.
Murder through me.
Murder is me.

What is the comparison of the speaker to an arrow convey?
A) His desire to kill
B) The effect of society on his identity
C) His struggle to discover purpose
D) The connection of the speaker to his ancestry
E) Symbol for the speaker constructing his future

No comments:

Post a Comment