Thursday, April 2, 2009

Riccardo Purita

Only Had I Known
By: Me

There she goes, the seraph guiding her wings in the morning mist,
gaining altitude as Time tolls.
She journeys to the endless possibilities of the universe where her full potential will be realized.
I lay on the once lively ground,
watching her pass clouds with grace.
I dare not disturb this process,
for I know she will one day stop for a moment and join in conversation,
for she is an angel.
There are times when I am watching her and selfish thoughts enter my mind.
Contemplating interrupting for a part of me feels she won’t stop otherwise.
Desires to enjoy for her presence,
a presence that few have the opportunity to enjoy much,
so why should I be complaining?
I know in my heart pure love, understanding, caring, selfishness.

She is no longer in sight.

I will wait for her as I always do.
I capture glimpses of her,
at times feeling hope betray me,
at times wishing I knew what to do.
I stand from my original position, disappointment, understanding my place.
I look down, avoiding the sky’s mocking ways.
There I see, a lily.
Beautiful in every way.
Innocence, intelligence embodied her.
She brought life. She brought hope.
A distance sound arose from her petals trying to explain.
If there ever comes a day when I’m not there,
I’ll always be with you.
And so she was.
And I sat once more, smiling…remembering the pleasant memories.
Blocking those negative thoughts for the time being.
For the time being.

The struggle in the speaker's mind is best conveyed by:
A) Diction
B) Syntax
C) Juxtaposition
D) Symbols
E) Imagery

No comments:

Post a Comment