Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kristin Giffuni

Time and Love

When I have seen by Time's hand defaced
The rich proud cost of out-worn buried age;
When sometime lofty towers I see down razed,
And brass eternal slave to mortal rage;

When I have seen the hungry ocean gain
Advantage on the kingdom of the shore,
And the firm soil win of the watery main,
Increasing store with loss, and loss with store;

When I have seen such and interchange of state,
Or state itself confounded to decay,
Ruin hath taught me thus to ruminate-
That time will come and take mt Love away:

-This thought is as a death, which cannot choose
But weep to have that which it fears to lose.
W.Shakespeare


The passage employs all of the following devices EXCEPT:
A. Personification
B. Juxtaposition
C. Chiasmus
D. Smilie
E. All of the Above

No comments:

Post a Comment